London Family Friendly Accommodation
What are the best family friendly hotels in London? London is full of amazing hotels of every budget which can make it hard to find the best options when booking your vacation. You need to find the best family hotels that will accommodate you and your entire family and make your travels go as smoothly as possible. The Best Family Hotel’s team have hand selected the best family hotels in London from budget hotels all the way up to some of the most expensive hotels in the city.
- The British Museum is one of the best museums in the world and like most of London’s museums is free to enter. We suggest visiting THATmuse and organising a family friendly tour of the British Museum or a scavenger hunt which is great fun.
- A trip to London would not be complete without a visit to the iconic House of Parliament and Big Ben on the banks of the River Thames. Our family loved walking down towards the river from our Covent Garden airbnb apartment and discovering the amazing history of London.
Airbnb Family Apartments in London
The Best Family Hotels in London
London is home to some amazing Family Hotels in a wide range of styles and budgets. When looking for a good family friendly hotel you need to consider areas that are close to family friendly attractions, family restaurants and public transport options.. To make your life easier we have hand selected our favorite London family friendly hotels for you to consider.
- Best Family Hotel in London: You cannot go past the great Melia White House Hotel
- Best Luxury Family Hotel in London: Bulgari Hotel is a world class 5 star Hotel
- Best Budget Family Hotels in London: Royal Eagle Hotel
- Best Family Apartment: London City Apartments
- Best London Area for Families: We love Covent Garden and the many attractions, hotels and restaurants.
back to menu ↑
Melia White House London
The Melia White House Hotel is a 4 star hotel in London’s West End. The hotel is great for families and located near Regents Park, Madam Tussauds, London and the unmissable British Museum. The Melia offers The Level Family Room which is perfect for 2 adults and 2 children and includes a double bed and sofa bed.
The hotel is serviced by 3 underground stations including Warren Street, Great Portland Street and Regent’s Park which are all only a 5-minute walk. The hotel is located close to Kings Cross St Pancras and Euston Station for train connections with the UK and Europe. The rooms are non-smoking with Free WiFI and room service available. Overall the Melia White House London is a perfect place for families to stay while visiting London. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Jurys Inn London Hilton (Grange Holborn Hotel)
The Jurys Inn London Hilton is a 4 star family hotel located in Holburn in central London and was previously called the Grange Holburn. The Jurys Inn is very close to the British Museum, Kings Cross St Pancras International train station and Holburn underground tube station.
The Jurys Inn London Hilton offers luxurious rooms including the Family Room with Free WiFi, Air conditioning, ensuite and Flat-screen TV with cable channels. Families can also stay in a Quadruple room offering 2 double beds. The Hotel also features a swimming pool and fitness centre, non-smoking rooms, room service, breakfast and 2 restaurants on site. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Premier Inn London Waterloo
The Premier Inn London Waterloo is located in Waterloo and offers great value for families looking for somewhere to stay while in London. The location is very good with some rooms even offering views of London Eye. The hotel is also close to the Sea Life London Aquarium, The London Dungeon and across the river from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Waterloo Underground tube station is only about 5 minutes away.
The Premier Inn London Waterloo has 314 rooms and is set in an historic old brick building between the Waterloo Bridge and the Westminster Bridge and is walking distance from some of London’s Best Family Attractions. There are plenty of family friendly restaurants and cafes nearby and the whole family will love a walk along the River Thames. Rooms include flat-screen TV as well as an ensuite. The hotel offers some great family rooms, parking, and hot buffet breakfast. The Premier Inn London Waterloo offers affordable family rooms in a great location making it a fantastic choice for your next vacation. Check Latest Prices.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Leonardo Royal London St Paul’s
The Leonardo Royal London St Paul’s is a 5 star London hotel located beside St Paul’s Cathedral and close to St Paul’s and Mansion House underground tube stations. The hotel offers a fitness centre and swimming pool and has 4 different restaurants onsite.
Families will love the Quadruple Rooms with soundproofing to keep out the noises of the busy London streets. The rooms also offer 2 double beds, flat-screen TV, air-conditioning and Free WiFi. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
45 Park Lane Dorchester
45 Park Lane Dorchester is a fantastic family friendly hotel situated in the perfect London location overlooking Hyde Park and about 15 minutes away from the historic Buckingham Palace. The Luxury 5 star hotel offers a range of studios and family friendly suites including 1 and 2 bedroom. Each of the elegant and spacious rooms feature state of the art Bang & Olufsen flat-screen TVs as well as spectacular views over London’s Hyde Park. The air conditioned rooms also feature a marble bathroom with shower and mirror with integrated TV screen.
45 Park Lane offers a fantastic dining experience, including a modern American steak restaurant and awesome bar that serves cocktails and snacks. It offers free WiFi to its customers, yoga mats and excellent room service. The hotel also has a spa and fitness center. It is nicely decorated with contemporary artworks, Pet-friendly and child-friendly also. The hotel is a nice easy walk to the Hyde Park Corner underground station and also within walking distance of some of London’s best kid friendly attractions. If you are looking for a little luxury then the 45 Park Lane Dorchester Collection is the perfect place to stay on your next London family vacation. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Bulgari Hotel London
The Bulgari Hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Knightsbridge, London located right in the middle of some of the cities best tourist attractions. When it was newly opened in 2012, it was the most expensive hotel to stay in London. This hotel is just a few minutes away from upscale shopping at Harrods and the renowned Victoria and Albert Museum. The hotel is nearby to the Knighsbridge underground station on the Piccadilly line offering good connection with other parts of London.
The Bulgari Hotel offers free WiFi and excellent room service. The rooms have flat-screen TV’s, marble bathrooms and standing tubs. Some suites have living spaces and butler services while the upgraded suites have a super comfy kitchen and dining rooms in them. They have an Italian restaurant, a luxurious spa, fitness center including a 25 metre indoor pool. The hotel also offers an airport shuttle, is smoke-free, kid-friendly and pet-friendly and would be perfect for anyone looking to shop and enjoy the beautiful spots in London. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Park Plaza County Hall London
The Park Plaza County Hall London is a 4 star Family Friendly London hotel located in Waterloo and on the South Bank of the river Thames. Popular family attractions including London Eye, Big Ben and London Aquarium are close by. This part of London is well server by public transport with Waterloo Underground and overground only 5 minutes away and the hotel is an easy walk across the river to Westminster. The Studio Double is perfect for families with double beds and sofa beds options available. These rooms feature soundproofing, air-conditioning, Flat Screen TV with cable, Free WiFi and room service. The hotel offers parking, non-smoking rooms and features a delicious Italian restaurant onsite. Check Latest Prices.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard
Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard, London is a 5 star property offering some amazing views of the city of London and occupies floors 34 to 52 of the tallest building in UK. There are five categories of rooms including 17 expansive suites with various configurations available for families. All rooms come with floor-to-ceiling windows, free Internet access and luxurious bathroom amenities. A stunning infinity pool on the 52nd floor, 24-hour gym, and 3 dining venues, each with its distinct signature style, complete the experience at the Shangri-La.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to London Bridge Underground Station and close to the historical Borough Market. St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, the Globe Theatre, and the Thames are all within walking distance. This hotel is perfect for families looking for a little 5 star luxury when visiting London. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
The Montague On The Gardens
Montague On The Gardens is a 4 star family friendly hotel centrally located in Bloomsbury, London. The hotel is a 4-5 minute walk from Russell Square or Holburn Underground Tube Stations and is also close to Kings Cross St Pancras international train station. All the rooms have individual heating and air conditioning, free WiFi, free wired Internet, TVs, DVD and CD players. Private bathrooms have shower or tub, deluxe toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. 24-hour room service is available. The incredible British Museum is across the road making The Montague On The Gardens the perfect place to stay on your next London family adventure. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
The Megaro Hotel is located in Kings Cross and opposite St Pancras International train station making it ideal for any families catching the Eurostar to or from Europe. Families will love the One-Bedroom Apartment offering living room with flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchenette with oven, stove and microwave. To keep the kids occupied there is bike rental available, board games and puzzles and the hotel offers no-smoking though-out. A Marks and Spencer’s is nearby making it easy to pickup up groceries and make lunches. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Montcalm Royal London House
The Montcalm Royal London House is a 5 star family friendly City of London hotel with amazing views from the rooftop over the city. The hotel features 2 restaurants and also offers 24 hour room service. Montcalm Royal London House offers a great swimming pool, fitness centre and spa as well as free WiFi. The family suite offers a separate bedroom area with large double bed and sofa bed in the living room. Rooms are soundproofed to keep out the hustle and bustle of the city below and all rooms feature flat-screen TV with cable, air conditioning and private bathroom. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
The Ned is a popular 5 star family hotel located in the City of London and close to Bank Underground Station. The hotel is also close to St Pauls Cathedral with some easy train connections to other great London attractions. The Ned offers non-smoking rooms, Free WiFi, delicious breakfast and features room service or you can visit one of the 8 restaurants on site including some great family friendly options.
Family friendly room options include the luxurious Two Bedroom Family Suite, Lutyens suite or you can stay in one of the smaller rooms that include Double Beds and sofa beds for the kids. Rooms include air-conditioning, ensuite bathrooms, flat-screen TV with satellite TV. This hotel is very popular and rates 9.2 for families. Check Latest Pricesback to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
More Family Friendly London Hotels
- Novotel London Blackfriars: 4 stars | Southwark | Premium Queen Room
- Club Quarters Hotel: 4 stars | Trafalgar Square | Suite with Kitchenette
- Z Hotel Shoreditch: 4 stars | Central London | Quadruple Room
- Premier Inn London Euston: 3 stars | Kings Cross | Quadruple Room
- Hilton London Metropole: 4 stars | Paddington | Superior Queen Room
- Novotel London Tower Bridge: 4 stars | City of London | Queen Bed + Sofabed
- Royal Eagle Hotel: 3 stars | Paddington | Quadruple Room
- Mercure London Bridge: 4 stars | Southwark | Queen Room + Sofabed
- Park Plaza London Park Royal: 4 stars | Ealing | Double + Sofabed
- Radisson Blu Edwardian: 4 stars | St James | Double + Sofabed
Best Websites to Book Family Hotels
- Hotelscombined.com – Our favorite website for London family hotels. Compares prices from a wide range of different booking sites.
- Booking.com – Industry leading travel website also offering fantastic family deals on hotels in London.
- airbnb.com – Home stay apartments offering great family rooms in London
Family Apartments in London
Apartments are a great way to save money for families when staying in cities like London. These apartments are usually in more residential parts of town and are usually close to restaurants and grocery stores. We love to make our lunches and breakfast before we head out for the day and then eat at a family restaurant for dinner. We love airbnb however there are a wide range of different apartments available from different booking companies. Best Family Hotels have hand picked some fantastic London Apartments for you below including 2 bedroom options. All these apartments include kitchens and washing facilities.
- Airbnb Apartments: Airbnb offer an amazing variety of family apartments in London, you can rent anything from a single room through to a 3-4 bedroom apartment. If you have never used Airbnb before then click here for 10% off your first booking
- Park Lane City Apartments: These 2 bedroom apartments are located in the City of London and offer free WiFi, full kitchen, washing machine and only 5 minutes from Aldgate underground tube station.
- Grand Plaza Service Apartments: Only 10 minutes from Hyde Park and close to Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. A range of accommodation options sleeps 4 to 6 people. Include kitchens, ensuite bathrooms and Free WiFi.
- Cheval Three Quays: 2 and 3 bedroom apartments located near the Tower of London feature open-plan kitchens and living rooms. These apartments are only 5 minutes from Tower Hill underground station. Some apartments have amazing views of Tower Bridge.
- Chelsea Bridge Apartments: 4 star apartments located near Battersea Park and offering 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. The deluxe apartment offers 2 bedrooms and balcony with amazing views. Open plan kitchens, living room with flat-screen HD TV. Free WiFi included.
- London City Apartments: One and Two Bedroom apartments located in Aldgate and neat Aldgate East tube station. The 4 Star apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen, living room with flat-screen TV and DVD player. Petticoat Lane market is only about 500 metres and a great place for the family to explore.
- 35 Hyde Park Gate: These amazing 5 apartments are located in Kensington and all have views over Hyde Park. Each 2 Bedroom apartment offers a terrace, flat-screen TV with Netflix, kitchen, private bathroom and Nespresso coffee machine. The apartments are close to Kensington Palace, The Science Museum and Natural History Museum making them a great place to stay for families.
- 196 Bishopgate: Located in the heart of London’s financial district, these apartments are fully serviced and have free WiFi, fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen TV, and private bathroom. There is also a 24 hour reception area. The 4 star apartments are close to Liverpool Street underground and overground station making it very easy to get to other parts of London.
Best London Hotels with Swimming Pools
Families love to spend some time relaxing by the swimming pool after a long day seeing the amazing London attractions. Due to the temperature, a lot of these hotel swimming pools are indoors and heated. London also does has some rooftop pools with amazing views overlooking the city.
The following London hotels offer swimming pools
- Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel: 20 metre infinity edge lap pool
- The Berkeley: Rooftop pool with amazing views
- One Aldwych: 18 metre chlorine free pool with underwater music.
- The Ned: 20 metre indoor pool
- Leonardo Royal London St Paul’s: Indoor heated pool
- Intercontinental London The O2: 17 metre indoor heated pool
- Jurys Inn Holburn: Roman Style indoor heated pool
- Hilton London Bankside: Heated Indoor pool
- Novotel London Blackfriars: Heated Indoor pool